Puti Maas Biran
For the step by step recipe card please click here
3 Medium Puti Fish
½ Cup Fried Onions
4-6 Green Finger Chillies, Halved
¼ Cup Coriander, Chopped
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Curry Powder
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Salt to Taste (1-2 tsp)
1. Clean the fish thoroughly, removing the scales, degutting the fish and cutting off the fins
2. In a flat plate, mix 1 tbsp of oil, the spices and salt. Making sure that the fish is clean, dry with a kitchen tissue very well.
3. Cover each fish with the marinade and leave aside. Heat a frying pan over medium to high heat; add the fish one by one carefully. Turn the fish every 3-4 minutes a few times carefully as the fish can break easily.
4. Mix the remaining marinade with the fried onions. In a separate pan heat the remaining oil, add the fried onions. After a few minutes, add a tablespoon of water and add half of the coriander and chillies and mix
5. Once the fish has fully cooked, lay it on top of the onion mix, cover the pan for a few minutes and then remove from the heat. Garnish with the remaining coriander and it is ready to be served