Paneer and Pepper Curry
To download the step by step recipe card please click here
Serves 2 – 3
1 Paneer Block (300g), Cut in Large Chunks
1 Red Pepper, Cut in Large Chunks
Salt to Taste
2 Tomatoes, Chopped
½ tsp Cumin Seeds
½ tsp Fenugreek Leaves
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
½ tsp Garlic Paste
½ tsp Ginger Paste
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 Cup of Water on hand
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and fry the paneer chunks with a pinch of turmeric until they develop some colour on all sides, do the same with the pepper and leave aside
2. In the same pan (add more oil if needed); add the cumin seeds and fenugreek leaves
3. After 30 seconds to a minute add the garlic and ginger paste, stir and wait for the garlic and ginger to cook
3. Add all the powdered spices and the salt; stir and roast the spices but make sure they do not burn, add ¼ cup water to stop the spices from drying it out too much.
4. Once the water has reduced, add the chopped tomatoes, stir well. Wait for the tomatoes to soften
5. Once the spices and chopped tomatoes have been mixed, add the paneer and pepper chunks and give everything a good mix.
6. Add around ½ - ¾ cup of water, depending on how moist you would like the curry. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with your choice of flatbread.