Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake
To download the step by step recipe card please click here
400g Soft Cheese
300ml Double Cream
300g Hobnob Biscuits, Crushed
50g Hazelnuts, Crushed
5 tbsp Icing Sugar
125g Butter, Melted
50g Milk Chocolate
200g Nutella/Hazelnut Spread
8 Ferrero Rochers
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the crushed hobnob biscuits, crushed hazelnuts and the melted butter. Mix together until the butter has been evenly distributed.
2. Place the mix in an 8inch non-stick loose bottom baking tin, and push down with a spoon making sure making sure there is an even layer of the biscuit mix and leave in the fridge whilst you finish off the remaining parts of the cheesecake
3. In a clean mixing bowl, pour in the double cream leaving aside ¼ cup. Add 3 tbsp of icing sugar and whip with a handheld whisk until it forms stiff peaks, do not over mix.
4. In a separate bowl, whip together 2tbsp icing sugar and soft cheese, followed by the Nutella and mix the two together. Fold in the whipped cream carefully and make sure the Nutella cheese mix and whipped cream have combined well
5. Place the Nutella cheese mix into the baking tin and with a spatula spread to make an even layer on top of the biscuit base and leave over night
6. Remove the baking tin from the fridge in the morning, run a butter knife around the edge and loosen the bottom and lift up the base of the tin
7. Melt the chocolate with the remaining double cream in the microwave at intervals of 30 seconds until it has melted (give it a stir after each 30 seconds to make sure it’s not burning). Once completely melted, allow to cool and thicken. Drizzle the ganache over the cheesecake. Unwrap the 8 Ferrero Rocher and distribute them evenly on top.
*Little tips and ideas
*Lining the bottom of the baking tin with baking paper allows you to remove the base from the tin completely, I prefer this look than having the bas of the tin showing.
*when filling the baking tin with the cheese mix, leave aside ½ cup of the mix and place in a piping bag, and pipe swirls the next day after the ganache has been drizzled on, topping it with a Ferrero Rocher