To download the step by step recipe card please click here
Nunor Bora Dough (Click Here)
3/4 Cup Soaked Chana Dal (overnight)
1 Onion, Finely Chopped
1/2 tsp Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
1 Bay Leaf
1/4 Cup Coriander, Chopped
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Curry Powder
Salt to Taste
1 tsp Panch Poron
1. In a frying pan, heat your oil over medium heat and add your bay leaf and panch poron, then your garlic and ginger paste.
2. Once that has all cooked, add your onions and salt. Wait for the onions to become soft and then add your powdered spices. If you feel the mix has become too dry, add a tbsp of water. After a few minutes add your chana dal and half of the coriander
3. After a few minutes of mixing the chana dal in, add 1/2 cup of water, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan to let the chana dal soften
4. Once the chand dal has softened, add the remaining coriander and leave to cool.
5. Roll out your dough, thickness of 2/3mm and cut into large squares (10cm x 10cm) fill your pastry with the chana dal mixture and fold over forming a triangular shape.
6. Deep fry in oil, once they have developed some colour and come to the top of the oil, remove and place on kitchen tissue to drain the excess oil. Serve with a spicy tamarind sauce