To download the step by step recipe card please click here
4 Medium Potatoes (Cut into 8th)
Salt to Taste
1 Small Onion, Finely Chopped
Small Bunch of Coriander, Finely Chopped
1tsp Vegetable Oil
1. Boil the potatoes with a pinch of salt until tender, drain, mash and leave to a side
2. Heat the oil in a small frying pan, add the onions and some salt, after the onions have turned soft add the coriander and 2 beaten eggs, mix very well until the egg is cooked and is in very small pieces
3. Add your scrambled eggs to the mashed potato and mix well until everything is combined, check for salt and adjust it to your taste buds
4. Divide the mix equally in to 14 pieces and roll each one into a ball.
5. For the breadcrumb you will need two bowls, one for the breadcrumbs and one for the beaten egg. Dip your aloo chop in the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Once all have been completed leave in the fridge for 30 minutes for them to firm up.
6. You can either deep fry or shallow fry your aloo chops and wait for them to become golden and turn crispy before you remove them from the oil. This is a nice side dish to a roast chicken or roast lamb